Sunday, September 6, 2009

tomorrow, tomorrow





In 24 hours I'll be on a flight to Majadahonda, SPAIN. I think if you took my entire limbic system, (which is supposed to be orienting my emotions) and threw it in a moving clothes dryer on "high", it would feel right at home as my feelings tumble and turn all over themselves and get wrapped up in one another. I'm indescribably excited, I'm unbelievably scared, I'm unwillingly sad, and I'm understandably nervous. I know it's my time to jump on this Rotary Youth Adventure bandwagon... but, really? Right now?




And then I think, "You selfish little thing, you've got a whole lot of opportunity that most people couldn't dream of. Enough of this nonsense." So the alluring temperatures, foods, and warm Spanish smiles overwhelm me with joy and I let myself get lost in the anticipations of what could, would, should, will happen. And I've gotta tell you, I'm pretty tired of El Senor Anticipacion inviting himself in and stomping around my brain for hours at a time. It's time to go, to fly out of one chapter into the next, and whether or not my concious self knows it, the unconcious one is assuring "It is what you make of it".... or maybe that's my dad I'm hearing. Neither one would lead me astray.








hasta luego mis amigos-- until later my friends, Samantha Roma

2 comments:

  1. Te Amo...Estanque!
    Keep me in mind whilst soaking up the Spanish reys. I'll be doing something cool in Japón, so don't feel too sorry for me.
    Paz, Felicidad, y Adventura-
    Samuel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hasta luego, reminds me of Resident Evil 4, How come we didn't hang out before you left? Nuts!
    Send me a postcard

    Actually
    I don't know my address
    Don't send me anything, I'll let you know what's what later

    ReplyDelete