Sunday, October 11, 2009

fotos fotos y fotos

Yet another set of photos.... I agree with Sam Estenson (www.estenson.blogspot.com) in that oftentimes pictures can express a culture better than words; you just have to feel it.
Above is my grandfather and one of my little cousins named Marta. We gather at my grandfather's every week at 2 pm and eat paella and play cardgames and enjoy each other's company.

My host sister Bea and I

At Las Fiestas de Las Rozas with friends



More Fiestas de Las Rozas (I like this picture because it has Bea in it and one of my best friends here named Rocio, the other girl to my left)


This is where everyone buys their books and school supplies in Majadahonda. This tiny shop supplies everything for the entire town, you have to wait about an hour or more to get anything.
Kids here don't rent school textbooks, it's similar to college in that they're all purchased and all pretty expensive (about 30 euros per book).




1 comment:

  1. Wow, thanks for forcing me to make three separate comments, jeez! haha, just kidding my darling. But I did actually learn that you can only upload 5 photos at a time, but after those 5 are up you can add 5 more to the same blog! Cool huh?

    ReplyDelete