Sunday, December 20, 2009

(L) <-- The "text messaging" manner of saying LOVE in Spain :)

Saturday night out on the town with the Americans. The girl on the far left is Emma, she's one of my best friends here in Spain. Next to her is Nikki, then me, then a Spanish friend of ours named David. This was taken at a McDonald's in the Opera area of Madrid. Yes, I still eat at McDonald's, even across the ocean :)

This is one of the streets of Majadahonda. These lights are strung everywhere in the Madrid area, this one is on the street right outside of my house.

My good friend Javi and I at a local Irish Bar on Friday night. We played pool and I shocked myself at my skill level. Apparently, those nights at Grandma and Grandpa's pool table payed off for something


The Virgin Mary at Jacobo's play on Wednesday night. She was a little miss attitude, let me tell you, docile was not the best word to describe her :)

Two of the stable animals singing their Christmas Carol with their Sunday School class

The Nativity Scene. Jacobo is the king with the orange robe and blonde hair

Two of the Three Kings whispering during the service. If you look closely you'll see Jacobo's watch on his left hand... As was written in the Bible, of course :)
One of my favorite little Christmas decorations in the house


The window in my room is covered with stick-on snowflakes... Not quite the real thing, but close enough!

My desk. The snowman was provided by my host family, the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree was sent to me by my family back home

The table set for a Sunday Meal... We had fondue (sp?) that day and discovered that my host family had been placing the fondue pots upside down for 20 years!

1 comment:

  1. Ummm...instead of some measly snowman and Charlie Brown Xmas tree, I'm going to pretend that it's my photograph standing on your desk as is supposed to be...
    I'm crushed, fyi.
    ;)
    To quote from the children, "¡FELIZ NAVIDAD Sami!" xo your ho ho ho of a homie

    ReplyDelete